The Management Committee comprises volunteer members drawn from its main stakeholder groups, namely: local secondary schools, school staff, parents and the Local Authority as set out in the instrument of Government as attached below
Collectively, we support the work of the Headteacher, leadership team and school staff to help raise the standards of achievement for all students. We play a strategic and monitoring role, leaving the day-to-day management of the school to the Headteacher and leadership team.
Our work can be divided into five key areas:
- Working with the Headteacher in setting the school’s strategic direction and targets and agreeing plans and policies
- Monitoring and evaluating performance; acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher by providing support and challenge
- Ensuring the school is accountable to the students and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs
- Approving the school budget
- Assisting with the recruitment of senior staff and agreeing appropriate pay scales.
In summary, we work in partnership with the Headteacher to focus on all areas of school activity, its finances, environment and the requirements of external authorities. We have drawn up an annual governance report that provides a summary of the key issues which the Management Committee addressed during the current academic year and the topics which are likely to be considered in the next year.
The full Committee usually meets twice a term and a record of Members attendance is kept and is attached below.
Minutes of the Finance sub-committee and the approved minutes of the Management committee are available on request.
Any business interests for any members of the committee must be declared and a register of interests is attached below for information
Provision is also made for the following statutory committees to be convened as required: Pupil Discipline Committee, Staff Discipline Committee, Staff Discipline Appeals Committee.